2016 Metcalfe Fair Demolition Derby!
Thursday September 29th, 7:00 PM
Time to get those cars ready for the 2016 edition of the Metcalfe Fair's Demolition Derby! This is one of the most popular events at the fair, and we're looking forward to this year's "Derby!"
Click the links below to get the entry and waiver forms ...
Please Note: Your application MUST be accompanied by a signed Release & Waiver of Liability Form.
- All 4 and 6 cylinder cars less than 106” will compete together as the MINI class.
- All 6 and 8 cylinder cars 106” and over will compete together as the FULL SIZE class.
* Please read all rules and regulations *
** Drivers must be 18 years of age and have a valid driver’s license. All persons on the Pit Crew must be at least 16 years of age. **
- Drivers must complete and sign an entry form, and waiver. Drivers are responsible for ensuring that anyone around their car has signed the insurance waiver. Pit pass wrist bands must be worn at all times. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
- You must pre-register for the derby either in person or by telephone. There will be no on site registration the night of the derby.
- All drivers are responsible for supplying their own car.
- Participants must register and have their car inspected at least one hour before the Demolition Derby (Inspections start at 5:00 PM).
- No participants or crew member shall consume or be under the influence of alcohol or drugs. If so, they will immediately be escorted from the grounds and no refund will be provided.
- The Metcalfe Fair Demolition Derby Director reserves the right to approve or reject any or all entries.
- A driver's meeting will be held at 6:45 PM at the official's stand. (This meeting is MANDATORY)
- Running and safety rules will be explained at the mandatory drivers meeting.
- No fighting or arguing with officials or other participants will be tolerated. Any instigators will be escorted from the grounds.
- Only the driver and two pit crew members are allowed in the pit area. All others including family and friends shall remain in the stands outside the restricted area.
- Any demolition derby vehicles left on the Fair Grounds after 10:30 p.m. on Thursday October 1, 2015, will automatically become property of the Metcalfe Agricultural Society and will be disposed of in a manner which the Agricultural Society deems fit.
- Vehicles other than those registered to participate in the derby are not permitted in the Pit area.
- All drivers must wear CSA approved helmet and must have a safety strap around chin secured.
- No bare exposed skin. NO SHORTS!! NO SHORT SLEEVED SHIRTS!! NO EXCEPTIONS!!
- No trucks, convertibles, jeeps, vans, hearses, limousines or checker cabs.
- Cars previously run in demos may be considered too battered and unsafe, resulting in disqualification.